Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Inspiration: Pinks & Ice

There's a lot of inspiration out there in the world and new inspiration comes with every minute, day and month. And with every season.
I like to capture inspirational things not only with my mind and memory, but also with the camera, because I love to look through my albums and, in this way, "re-discover" the objects I once was - or still am - lusting for, the images that mean something to me just because each of them tells a different and a very unique story on their own. It's a way of expressing yourself and you can turn each of those photographs into something completely new and exciting, even years later.
Now, in deepest winter, I have detected the wonderful little games the icicles play all the time outside, in the garden, in the front of the house, in the woods. And the entity the ice forms is something so beautiful and irrevocably one-of-a-kind, because they're there at the moment for that very instant, for that very day, and If you go outside the next day to have a look at this beauty again you will find that the formation has changed. Some bits have melted away, sunk in and new ones were attached over the night. It's a completely new structure that stands on it's own, like the one the day before did. It's a different, yet even more so vrilliant invention of nature.

Here are a few pictures I took of the icy formation in front of our house this past weekend:




With the cold and snowy weather outside, we had decided to bring some warmth and spring inside, so there's a bunch of pinks on the table. I find flowers very interesting and inspirational, so of course I had to take one or the other photo, playing around with shadows:







Went to the movies with my sis and some friend today and we watched a German comedy which was really quite funny. Afterwards we spent an hour playing pool. Lots of fun tonight!



I'm very tired, so I'm going to bed now. Good Night everyone and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment